Hawaiian rice with pineapple and almonds have the perfect taste combination; soft, crisp and juicy.
- 1 pineapple
- 2 cups rice (jasmine, basmati or similar)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp turmeric
4 Servings / Prep Time: 15 min / Cook Time: 15 min
- Cut the pineapple into the cubes and soak the rice with hot water for 10 minutes.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter and add the almonds to roast.
- Roast almonds for 1-2 minutes, then add rice and roast them together.
- Combine with salt, ginger, turmeric. Pour water and let it boil.
- After the water is boiled, lower the heat and cook for 10-15 minutes. Add the pineapple pieces in the last 5 minutes.