Your anniversary with your significant other, a birthday of a loved one, Valentine’s day, Mother’s day or Father’s day… When you want to express your feelings through something delicious; you can combine flowers and desserts. You can combine roses with cherries and make a tart.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 125 gr cold butter
- 1 egg
- 2.5 tbsp sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 pack vanilla sugar
- 1.5 cup cherry juice
- 3 tbsp semolina
- 1 tbsp rice flour
- (2 tbsp sugar) if cherry juice doesn’t contain sugar
- Vanilla as you wish
Plus: tiny roses to garnish
- Place the flour in a large bowl and add cold butter. Mix them well with your hand.
- Add the egg, sugar, salt and vanilla. Knead until smooth.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and rest in fridge for 30 min.
- After rest, spread the dough with rolling pin and place into the tart tray. Prick holes with a fork and bake for 10 min in the pre-heated oven at 170 °C.
- Meanwhile, boil the cherry juice in a pot and add the other ingredients by stirring. Cook until it get intense.
- Place the filling into your tart shell.
- Garnish with decorative roses and chill for 3-4 hours.
You can now share it with your loved ones!