I feel like some of my Italian friends getting mad; but limoncello tiramisu is my second guilty pleasure in Italian cuisine after hawaii pizza. Senza offesa, amici miei but pineapple on pizza is not that a bad idea. Also, there is nothing wrong with trying new things with traditional methods. So here it is: “limoncello tiramisu”. Another great dessert which includes liquor. Lemony taste in limoncello tiramisu is very fresh and satisfying for the summer days when you want a light dessert.
- 1 pack lady fingers
- 200 ml Limoncello liquor
- 100 ml water
- 400 gr mascarpone or cream cheese
- 1 lemon juice+zest
- 4 tbsp sugar
- More lemon zest for top
- Place the cheese in a bowl with sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest; then whisk them together.
- Mix the water with limoncello. Soak the ladyfingers and lay them at the bottom of a plate.
- Spread the cream onto the ladyfingers and repeat the same for the second layer.
- Garnish with some lemon zest if you desire.
- Chill for 6-8 hours in the fridge and serve cold.