This orange marmalade recipe is inspired by Paddington bear. I don’t know if it’s close enough to Aunt Lucy recipe, but I’m sure Paddington would’ve loved it if he had the chance to try. For those of you who might ask “Who the hell is Paddington? And what’s got to do with marmalade?”, here is a short clip from the movie you should really watch. (There are 2 movies, watch them both!)
Basically, Paddington Brown is a bear and LOVES marmalade. Orange marmalade. He places his precious marmalade sandwiches inside his hat and carries them everywhere. I’m not giving any spoilers if you want to watch the movie/s. Let’s get into the recipe.
Formula: X cup/s of each ingredient
Depending on how many oranges you’ll use, measure them with a cup and add same amount of water and sugar using the same cup. I’ll give you the “1 Jar” recipe.
For 1 Jar
- 1.5 cups orange (I used 3)
- 1.5 cups water
- 1.5 cups sugar
- Wash and peel the oranges.Cut them into little pieces and place in a saucepan.
- Add sugar and water then boil them together.
- Stir occasionally to disperse bubbles on the surface.
- Cook until it reaches to marmalade texture. It might take 30 to 45 minutes depending on how viscous you prefer it to be.
- Place the marmalade into the jar and let it chill.