Incidents in life are mostly about casual routines, and only few things change the rhythm of your heart. Those moments can be found anywhere, yet they are rare. That’s a one reason why I love weddings. Wedding is a place where good moments are likely to meet. Shared happiness, socializing, music and dance, dining together, last but not least, the wedding cake. A sweet closing for a sweet event.
Since we are stuck in quarantine and can’t go out for this kind of gathering, I decided to bring the event to home and I made a cake to be able to pretend like we are celebrating a happy event outside.
My beetroot cake is tasty as well as pretty, and the beautiful pink color is 100% natural. #NOFOODCOLORING
- 1 medium beetroot
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1.5 cup milk
- 3.5 cup flour
- 1 pack baking powder
- 1 pack vanilla sugar
- 1 pack whipping cream powder
- Extra milk for soaking
*Cup refers to 250 ml
- Boil the beetroot until soften. After boiled, save the 1 cup of juice for the cream and mash the beetroot.
- Using mixer, whisk the eggs together with sugar and beetroot puree.
- Add milk, vanilla, baking powder, flour and stir again.
- Bake the cake mix about 20 min at preheated 180 °C.
- After baked, cut the cake into half and wait until it’s chilled enough.
- When it cools to room temperature, soak the cake with milk by using a spoon.
- For the cream, whip the whipping cream powder with beetroot juice.
- Spread the whipped cream onto cake layers and cover the surface.
- Chill for 1-2 hours in the fridge and serve.
- Share the beetroot cake with your loved ones and enjoy!