I see pasta as a neutral background for different sauce variations. Like a canvas, you can get limitless unique results by using your creativity. Sometimes you need to put in effort just to make your sauce rich and delicious, also you get lots of calories; and sometimes it’s luckily easy, healthy and tasty like this very recipe. It’s creamy but it doesn’t contain any cream. It’s sauced but it’s not swimming in the sauce. Plus, it’s only cooking in one pot which means less cleaning for you afterwards.
- 350 gr pasta (I used shells because they’re cute)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup water (250 ml)
- 2 cup milk (500 ml)
- Bunch of celery, chopped
- Bunch of fresh mint, chopped
- Salt and pepper
4 Servings / Prep. Time: 10 min/ Cook Time: 25 min
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat, add garlic and cook about 2 minutes.
- Add pasta and stir together with garlic until brown.
- Add water and milk then let it boil.
- Add salt and pepper, simmer on low heat and add more milk if desired.
- When the pasta is finally cooked, combine with celery and mint and serve with pepper on top.